Red Pepper Hummus
RED PEPPER HUMMUS
This smokey hummus made wit hemp seed oil and roasted ped pepper is a flavorful and healthy appetizer and enjoyed best with crackers and chips.
Serves: 1 Cup Prep Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins Calorie Count: 459 per Cup
- 1 Red Pepper
- 2 Cups Chickpeas, Boiled And Cooled
- 3 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 7 - 8 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Seed Oil + Extra For Garnishing
- 1 Tbsp Ice Cold Water
- Salt, To Taste
- Mint Leaves, To Garnish
- Pomegranate Arils, To Garnish
- In an open flame, char the bell pepper on all sides until its black. Once done let it cool down.
- Dip it in water and remove the black skin. Roughly chop the bell pepper
- In a blender add the bell pepper, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, cumin powder, garlic, salt, hemp seed oil and ice cold water and blend it into a paste.
- Transfer it into bowl. Garnish with hemp oil.
- Finish off with mint leaves and pomegranate right before serving and enjoy!
|Total Carbohydrates||59.9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||17.5 g|
|Total Sugars||10.4 g|
*Nutritional information and calories may vary depending upon the ingredients.
Recipe by @platenapalate (Ruchika Damani Mundhra)
Leave a comment