Why Hemp Protein is Better than Soya Protein?admin
Unlike most plant-based sources, both hemp and soya proteins are complete. Soya is seriously popular but it’s also a common allergen and is often heavily processed whereas Noigra Hemp protein is natural and easy to digest. Let’s see how they fare head-to-head…
- Easy to digest, this very natural, fibre-rich protein is gentle on the digestive system and does not cause bloating or cramps.
- High in omegas-3, 6 and 9.
- The hemp grown to produce Noigra Hemp products is from a non-GM source. In addition to this, the hemp crop does not require herbicides or pesticides
- Totally plant-based, hemp protein contains no dairy, soya, lactose or artificial colouring or flavours, making it completely allergen-free.
- Soya’s protein content in some powders is higher than in hemp but it’s not a source of fatty acids like omega-3
- It is important to take into consideration that much of the soya grown today is GMO. If you are considering taking soya protein for supplementary purposes, be sure to check that it is not from a GM source.
- Most are heated during production, which kills the protein’s ability to act as enzymes, the ‘functional proteins’ that speed up the rate of biochemical reaction in your body
- Soya has been associated with various digestive disturbances, bloating and in some cases allergies.
- Soya has been associated with hormonal disturbances due to the content of phytoestrogens. Consult your doctor if you are going through menopause or have any hormone-related illnesses (e.g. breast cancer).