A comparison between Hemp and CBD- Let’s delve deeper!admin
What is Hemp?
Hemp is a plant that has been grown for thousands of years across the world, and can be traced to being one of the oldest commercially grown plants. It has highly versatile uses, and can be made into a wide variety of products such as textiles, paper, rope, biofuel, wax, and insulation. The low levels of THC mean that it is non-intoxicating to consume. Hemp seed oil is therefore not used for recreational purposes.
The plant is a species of the Cannabis Sativa plant and its unique properties also have a mention in the Atharvaveda. In Ayurveda, cannabis is known as vijaya, and acts as an ingredient in over a hundred traditional medicinal recipes. The plant thus has a history of significance and acclaim in Indian culture.
The National Policy on NDPS states that cannabis is a high-value oil, a fibre and source of biomass. Therefore, the cultivation of cannabis for horticultural use or for making industrial hemp is legal. The CBD market in India is very new, exciting and rapidly booming as there is a wide range of potential to explore. Since hemp cultivation and production is at a nascent stage, there much to learn and understand about the untapped benefits of this infamous superplant.
What is CBD Oil and Hemp Seed Oil?
CBD and hemp can be the answer to a plenty of health and anxiety-related problems. Both CBD and hemp are made from the Cannabis Sativa plant. The people in the CBD industry often use both these phrases interchangeably; however, these are two very different products.
CBD oil uses the leaves, flowers and stalk of the hemp plant in its production. These contain a higher concentration of CBD compound. CBD is a naturally occurring chemical that does not have any psychoactive effect, but at the same time has many useful components for health and a variety of cosmetic benefits.
Meanwhile, hemp seed oil comes from the seeds of the Cannabis sativa plant, where the aim is to retain the nourishing purity of the seeds. The seeds of hemp do not contain CBD, but they contain a rich amount of nutrients, fatty acids, and other useful bioactive compounds.
Hemp nuts are a trove of oils, proteins, dietary fibres, carbohydrates, vitamins, phytosterols, and minerals.
Conclusively, the hemp’s nutrition comes from its oil (healthy fatty acids) and its protein (essential amino acids). Adopting hemp in your daily life is a sureshot way to healthy living.
Hemp seed oil is rich in a great number of vitamins such as Vitamin B1 and B2, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, essential fatty acids such as omega 6 and omega 3, and minerals like magnesium, iron, potassium, zinc, phosphorus and calcium.
What are the benefits? Why shift to Hemp?
People cannot get high when using hemp seed oil, as it contains no THC and little to no CBD. Hemp still works as a mood enhancer and can help women during PMS. It maintains healthy hair and skin. Being rich in vitamins and antioxidants, hemp oil can boost immunity and gut health, and aids in the treatment of diabetes. Hemp has been known to reduce arthritis pain as well. It is said to aid heart-related functions as well and can help manage cholesterol.
Hemp seeds are thus a powerhouse of nutrition, along with being easy on the digestive system. They can either be eaten raw, or consumed as supplements. Touted as a superfood, hemp is the next big health companion you should not miss out on.
- While both are derived from different parts of the same plant, hemp oil can only be derived from the industrial hemp variety of the cannabis sativa plant, CBD oil can be extracted through several different varieties of the cannabis.
- Hemp has a wide variety of uses apart from being a superfood: it acts as an overall sustainable plant that can be moulded into something as diverse as clothes to building material.
- While CBD oils can contain up to 0.3% of Tetrahydrocannabinol (commonly referred to as THC), hemp oil does not necessarily have to contain THC. Thus they are non-intoxicating.
- Hemp oil is essentially vitamin and nutrient-rich at its core, and contains no cannabinoids, as opposed to CBD oil.
- The oil offer a wide range of health benefits, aimed at your overall wellbeing by maintaining a strong constitution of the body. Its advantages are directed at almost every part of the body.
- The use of CBD is relatively new, but hemp oil has been a part of the beauty and cosmetic industries for several years due to its anti-inflammatory components and rich antioxidant composition.